Return to Touch Football
Updated 15 January 2021
Queensland Touch Football (QTF) in conjunction with Touch Football Australia (TFA) has compiled a list of documents and resources to help Qld Affiliates be COVIDSafe and make the return to the field as easy as possible. QTF will continue to follow the latest advice and direction from the Queensland Department of Sport and Recreation and Queensland Health.
NO ONE SHOULD BE ATTENDING ANY TOUCH ACTIVITIES IF THEY HAVE:
- COVID-19 or has been in direct contact with a known or suspected case of COVID-19 within the last 14 days
- Flu-like symptoms or who is a high health risk (e.g. due to age or pre-existing conditions)
- Travelled internationally or to a COVID declared hotspot.
If a participant has symptoms or has been in contact with a known or suspected case of COVID-19 they must:
- Self isolate and get tested – DO NOT ATTEND TOUCH FOOTBALL
- Advise Affiliate/Coach you are getting tested
- Notify your Affiliate/Coach of a positive or negative test result once received
- Follow medical advice
‘Get in. Play. Get Out’.
- Arrive at the venue ready to play and then leave.
- Please check-in and out of the venue.
- Avoid congregating before or after training/games.
- Maintain strict hygiene practices (ie sanitise hands regularly, don’t share equipment or water bottles).
- Please adhere to strict physical distancing measures of 1.5m off the field of play.
Affiliates must comply with an approved Industry COVID Safe Plan – Field Sports.
In addition, a guide to community gatherings, specific to how the event framework interacts with the sport industry plans has been published and are available here: Click here.
Key things to consider prior to the resumption of training/competitions.
Note: Affiliates following an Industry COVID Safe Plan must include a Statement of Compliance – print, sign, date and display in their business premises.
Updated 14 January
Updated 14 January
QTF Return to Play Guidelines V1.3
Updated 20 July
Frequently Asked Questions