Under Stage 3 of the easing of restrictions, it is important to remember that all sport, active recreation and fitness organisations must comply with an approved Industry Covid-safe plan.
Approved Industry Plans restrict access to anyone who has:
- COVID-19 or has been in direct contact with a known case of Covid-19 within the last 14 days
- Flu-like symptoms or who is a high health risk (e.g. due to age or pre-existing conditions)
- Travelled internationally
- Travelled to a Covid declared hotspot.
With recently reported positive COVID-19 cases confirmed in Queensland, please note the advice below and ensure your organisation and members are aware of these developments.
- Individuals who have been in close contact with a confirmed positive COVID case will be issued with quarantine directions by the Public Health Unit which will require them to isolate for 14 days.
- The Public Health Unit may be requesting contact tracing information from organisations today which must be provided within 1 hour of the request.
- If you or a family member are exhibiting any signs or symptoms of being unwell, please contact your GP or your local Queensland Health Fever and Respiratory Clinic.
In line with the above, any person who has visited affected locations identified by Queensland Health should not attend organised sport, active recreation or fitness activities until further information on the situation comes to hand. These locations can be found here via the contact tracing alerts page. You can also stay up to date with all COVID-19 Queensland Health alerts here.
Clubs are strongly advised to keep monitoring the situation in the implementation of its Industry Plan and ensure that contact tracing is in place in the event of a positive test.