Following the Queensland Government’s announcement of the new Roadmap to Easing Restrictions – Stage 4 from 1 October, an updated COVID Safe Plan for Field Sports (version 6) has now been released. In addition, to clarification around COVID-Safe Sporting Events and Community Gatherings Guidelines, specific to how the event framework interacts with the sport industry plans.
A few key changes impacting the sport, recreation and fitness industry include:
- When holding an event outdoors, organisations can now see numbers increase from 500 to 1000 with a COVID Safe Event Checklist
- Standing eating and drinking permitted at indoor and outdoor venues with a COVID Safe Plan or Checklist (from 4pm Friday, 2 October)
- Community or boutique stadiums with anapproved Site-Specific Plan can have increased capacity:
- Outdoor venues up to 75% of seated venue capacity
- Indoor venues up to 50% of seated venue capacity or one person per 4 square metres (whichever is greater)
- Clarification around Events and the interaction between the COVID Safe Industry Plans and the Framework for COVID Safe Events
- What constitutes an event (which includes anything outside of seasonal fixtures or competitions (including finals) such as carnivals, come and try days, gala days and State Championships)
- The approval requirements for events dependant on attendee numbers
- What is required when an event is outside of the scope or not solely covered by the Industry COVID Safe Plan
- Updated Contact Tracing Requirements are per the advice provided by Queensland Health, including the requirements for collecting contact tracing information from schools.
As a reminder, for outdoor sporting activities, physical distancing off the field of play is required. Spectators are required to remain 1.5 metres away from people who are not from their own household or group.