The Fit Lab are offering a fantastic opportunity for Queensland Touch Football Affiliates to give you a head start on your Junior State Cup preparation.
The Fit Lab are providing QTF affiliates with the opportunity to expand their offerings to players moving towards Junior State Cup in July. In consultation and partnership with Queensland Touch Football, The Fit Lab is providing an extra element of training and knowledge for coaches to utilise in their JSC preparation, through injury prevention, speed, agility and power development.
The opportunity is outlined below, including, information on how The Fit Lab will deliver the product to coaches, who are then upskilled and deliver sessions to their respective teams, while being regularly supported by The Fit Lab staff.
The inclusion of targeted, touch specific programming has already been utilised by State of Origin Teams, Q-Youth Academy and other affiliate programs to improve performance outcomes and create more well-rounded athletes.
The Fit Lab will create a “Team” training program designed at developing the Physical attributes of Touch Football. Each coach will be able to access the program and then deliver during training sessions.
The ‘Team Calendar’ will be based on both coaches goals & testing results to ensure each team is getting exactly what they need.
The 8 week program includes
- 8 Week Training Block Commencing May 9th Provided through The Fit Lab’s Online Training Portal (1Calendar Per Team)
- Printable ‘At Home Workout’ That can be sent to players to do in their own time
- Each Team Coach/Manager to have access to Touch Specific Program to lead Athletes through programming during training sessions
- Coaches/Team Managers have full access to videos of all exercises for ease of delivery.
- Testing Session – Date TBC (Including Aerobic Fitness / Speed / Agility / Functional Movement Screen)
- 90min Coach Education Session
- Nutrition Resources Provided by Fit Lab’s Dietitian
- Ongoing Strength & Conditioning Education & Support Provided by Fit Lab’s Strength & Conditioning Tea
- Mid Program Affiliate visit, Week 3-6, to check-in on progress.
- Upfront Fees (Including Testing*/Coach Support & Education)
- *Extra charges may apply if we have to travel a significant distance
- Player Fees (8 Week Training Block)
- $16+gst Levy Per Player
The above is a general guide only on what the Fit Lab can offer. Please talk to the team if you want further inclusions or have a different set of circumstances to discuss. The Fit Lab’s goal is to assist as many affiliates as possible to be more competitive at Junior State Cup and other similar events by helping prepare athletes physically for the demands of the sport.
For more information contact
High Performance Manager
The Fit Lab
MB: 0447 894 877
S&C Team Leader / Touch Football S&C Coach
The Fit Lab
0478 195 827