The Queensland Government Department of Tourism, Innovation and Sport have granted Queensland Touch Football $175,000 to enhance the quality and quantity of school sport performance pathways and create positive participation experiences for all participants.
The School Sport Program will support a number of touch football programs and initiatives across the state that will enhance representative School Sport pathways, expand School Sport engagement and support participation in sport.
The grant will also contribute largely to professional development opportunities and upskilling of teachers, coaches, referees and support staff to further support sport in schools and promote an active and healthy lifestyle.
Queensland Touch Football (QTF) CEO Greg Denny acknowledged the ongoing commitment of the Queensland Government’s 10-year strategy Activate! Queensland. “This grant will allow us to enhance and expand our support of schools, provide development opportunities and create positive participation experiences for students, coaches and officials across Queensland”, said Denny.
Queensland Touch Football programs will focus on three key initiatives outlined in the grant.
- Representative School Sport Pathways
- Formalise MOU with Queensland School Sport Touch to School Pathways;
- Provide coach mentoring and player education for School State Representative Teams;
- Provide coach and referee support of Queensland School Sport District Trials.
- School Sport Engagement
- Assist with operations and marketing support for regional Primary and Secondary All Schools Touch Football events;
- Partner with Lifestream to include All Abilities Touch Football within the school sport pathway;
- Expand the number of Touch Football Australia endorsed schools.
- Sport Participation in Schools
- Support the delivery of Schools District Cup providing quality competitions, coaching and referee development;
- Engage School Liaison Officers within local associations to encourage the growth of new junior competitions;
- Provide Teacher Professional Development training to upskill teachers and support staff.